Saturday 18 April 2015

Music | My most-listened-to-songs as of right now


I thought I would indulge everyone by introducing you to some of the tracks I'm  listening to, usually when I'm busy with uni work, applying for volunteer work or when I'm having a jogging sesh on the running machine.... 


 Sia - Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler (Official Video) SiaVEVO


In spite of the strange music video starring actor Shia Labeouf and quirky interpretive child-dancer Maddie Ziegler, I really do love this song. 

I often find that I've listened to it on repeat for maybe, err, two hours? Much to the annoyance of anyone within my vicinity...

The powerful vocals often soar to dizzying heights and overall I think it a great modern power ballad that oozes gusto and bounce! 



Black Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair Avi Kaplan & Peter Hollens AviKaplan


You may recognize Avi Kaplin as the basso profondo singer from the prolific group Pentatonix. Well, in this rendition of an old folk song, you'll be happy to know that his voice reaches an all time low... in a good way! The low bass vocals gave me chills 

I am a huge fan of folks song being revised and adapted using technology and new vocal techniques, and this one gets a thumbs up from me. 




         Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand [Official Video]

I really loved Clean Bandit's catchy tune "Rather be" (in which Jess Glynne was a featured artist.) Now, the young brit has reached number one with the her first solo hit!

The redheaded siren's soulful, honest voice is the perfect polish for this pop number! Here's hoping we here much more from this lass in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment